I just wanted to welcome you all to Oaks Christian this year! Whether you've been here for 5 years, or if this is your very first day on campus, I am so excited to have you in my class. This year is going to be an adventure for us all as we strive to understand the beauty that is Geometry. Since we are going to be spending the next academic year together, I think it's only right that I let you get to know me a little bit.
My name is Jenessa Bryant, and I graduated from Pepperdine University in 2007 with a degree in mathematics education. I started teaching at Oaks Christian in the spring of 2008 as a long-term substitute. Just finishing up my student teaching, I was eager to take the opportunity. I grew to love the school, all that it stood for, and I decided to return as a full-time faculty member last fall. I got married to my high school sweetheart September 6, 2008, and we have loved our first whirlwind of a year. I was raised in a tiny rural town in northern California, about an hour north of Chico. I graduated from Red Bluff High School in 2003 with the lofty goal of becoming a high school math teacher. I have always been fascinated by math, though I also empathize with the frustration that it can bring.
My goal for you this year is that you develop an interest and curiosity of mathematics. I don't want Geometry to be another course where you memorize the theorems and regurgitate them on tests. I want you to question, grapple with, and eventually understand the intricate charm of the subject matter. I am totally open to help you with any problems you come across over the course of the year. Whether you want help with your homework, studying for a test, or have life questions in general, I'm here for you. I hope you become very familiar with both my home in the teacher core (116) as well the classroom. I am truly looking forward to getting to know each of you.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave your thoughts here!